NEDSRA works cooperatively with over 50 schools in 18 different school districts to implement our "Experiential Community Education" and Leisure ("EXCEL") program.
Through EXCEL, NEDSRA staff works with special education teachers to implement programs that complement curriculum being taught in the classroom and that are based on the Illinois Learning Standards.
Popular EXCEL programs include:
- Maps and Metra
- Pet-Facilitated Therapy
- Pen Pals
- Go Green
- Zoo Troop
- Art Therapy
- Weird Science
- Reinforces concepts being taught in the classroom
- Alternative teaching method combines play and exploration
- Supportive of Illinois Learning Standards (ILS)
- Affordable programs with transportation included
- NEDSRA staff take care of program details
- Hands-on activities that are fun and educational
- Creates awareness of community resources
- Assists in physical, social, intellectual and emotional development
- Develops healthy leisure interests through leisure education
Click here to download the 2014-15 EXCEL Manual.
For more information regarding the EXCEL program including starting the program for your students, contact Maggie Goode, 630.576.4036 or [email protected]org